Saturday, January 20

Polly's list

WHAT I'M MISSING (in no particular order):

Ellen and Tom
My pillow
The spa
Singing
More clothes
The pets
curry
Cricket
Diego, my osteopath
My hair straightener
The spa
Friends
My computer
The spa


WHAT I'M LOVING:

The coffee
No house work
watching Tim speaking Italian
The food
The shoes and bags
Buying presents
Eating out every night
The architecture
Italy itself
The dogs everywhere
The vibrant traffic
The Fanta
Ricky Gervais podcasts
The great styles of eye glasses and hosiery
The young men in their carabinieri uniforms (I'll have that one, then that one...)
My excellent miming skills
People leaving comments on our blog
The vest I'm knitting
Tim

WHAT I COULD DO WITHOUT:

The cigarette smoke
The dog shit
The tendency of Italians not to think of other people
The haggard faces of most women over 30 (I attribute it to smoking)
The price of coffee near the big monuments
Standing up to drink coffee
The beggars who take their children with them
The weight of my suitcase
Paying to use public toilets
Two single beds masquerading as a double
Tendonitis

No comments: